- The convention will be held at Exhibition Park In Canberra, off Flemington road, Mitchell.
- Once again, we will be spaced across all three main pavilions (B,C & F), plus there will be a ROLEPLAY area in the Snowy River and Terrace (Upstairs from Snowy) rooms.
- It does not cost anything to attend Cancon 2020 as a spectator or to visit the shops and participation games. You only pay to enter tournaments or the Games library.
- We would rather have you spend the money you could have paid to get in, with our trade stands.
Useful information about attending Cancon 2020
Due to the bushfires and smoke, we are providing the following information and links, to help people make an informed choice about attending Cancon 2020.
To assist in providing a safe, comfortable venue for Cancon 2020, we are taking the following steps:
- Portable heavy duty air filters will be stationed in each hall (Probably near main entrances) to assist with cleaning any smoke from the incoming air.
- On advice from the site managers, EPIC, the evaporative cooling system may need to be turned down or off during the event to control the ingress of smoke to the halls.
- Large Fans will be stationed in each hall to help circulate the air (helping cool the venue down when needed.)
- ACT Government “Watering points” will be stationed outside of each main area (B, C, F and Snowy zones.) Bring a water bottle, fill it up and drink lots to stay hydrated.
- To assist the cooling system to work efficiently and reduce any smoke entering the venues, all doors will have signs reminding people to keep them closed. Entry to B Pavilion will only be via the doors next to the canteen.
- If you feel the need to, you can always choose to bring an appropriate mask, (P2) please follow the guidelines for correct use and fitting. (https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2020/01/statement-from-the-acting-chief-medical-officer-and-state-and-territory-chief-medical-officers-advice-on-the-use-of-masks-for-those-exposed-to-bushfire-smoke.pdf) (And remember to store the mask in a zip lock bag when not in use.)
- CANCON will be unable to sell masks to entrants/spectators due to the limited stock of masks in the ACT being distributed through the ACT Health systems and pharmacies to those deemed to be vulnerable.
- As usual, we will have medical personal on site in case of emergencies.
Should you or anyone around you show signs of respiratory or any other distress due to the heat or potential smoke conditions, please seek the assistance of the medical personnel onsite, or alert a Yellow shirt team member. (Please note the Yellow shirt team members are not medically trained but will be able to alert the medical staff of the requirement.)